how to remove paint with presure wash

I have to repaint part of exterior of second story of house. Paint is old and pealing. Can I use a pressure washer to cut down on my scraping and brushing? If so what should I look to rent in way of pressure and gpm? stan

Reply to
Anonymous

Sure it can, but it can also dig grooves into the wood. You can do more harm than good. Be very careful if you do this.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have used to to remove solid stain from a deck. That is pretty much the same thing.

You have to be gentle. Even an electric can easily damage the wood if you are heavy handed. Practice on a spot that will not show much if you do a little damage.

I "think" a gas powered washer would be better because the higher pressure will let you clean a larger area, but I have not tried one. Obviously you will have to be even more careful with a gas than an electric, because the higher pressure will do a lot of damage real fast.

Reply to
toller