plug removal causing CB t

Hi Sam!

S > i have an old PC that after I use I have a habit of unplugging from S > the wall. The last few times though when i unplug the turned off PC a S > Circuit breaker is tripping. why could removal of a plug of a switched S > off device cause this?

I'd guess one of two things. (1) The plug connections have loosened because of the plugging and unplugging. (2) The wires to the outlet have loosened and jiggling the outlet when you unplug cause them to short. If the latter I'd be inclined to check all of the outlets for loosening.

  • "Illiterate? ... Write for FREE help."
Reply to
barry martin

Tony Hwang