Please stop debating politics here

This is not the correct group for this! Each side will NEVER convince the other. Find another group; look in your reader under politics, I did and there are dozens.

Some posters here are so unbecoming to themselves, it's like they were infected with a virus. Would one treat their families and loved ones like this?

There are many posters here that give wonderful, useful advice but have seemingly derailed.

If there are enough posters kill-filed the group will no longer exist. That would be a shame.

Go to your local political party and volunteer. Go to local township, school board meetings and participate. Write or call your legislators and let your views known. Step up to the plate and do something. Here is not it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

You tell 'em ! I guess That Solves That - not sure why someone didn't thiink of it sooner ? :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca posted for all of us...

I try

Reply to
Tekkie®

I would say yes, when it rises to the level that we have a Putin puppet traitor as president. It's America that has been infected. When there are hundreds of thousands dead in a useless war or WWIII, I'll be able to say I did everything I could to warn about the mental case traitor in th e WH. And note I've never felt that way about any other president, Trump is a unique, clear and present danger. Anyone that can stand there and say that Putin denies that Russia meddled in the election and that he sees no reason why Russia would ever do that, clearly is totally unfit for that office, unfit to protect the USA and needs to be removed or at the very least have his powers limited as much as possible. So, no, I'm not going away and would ask that you join me.

Reply to
trader_4

This group died well over a year ago. I check back about once a month to see if it improved, but it's only gotten worse. The few ON TOPIC posts on here are just re-runs form years ago, posted by those useless websites that serve no purpose. I just downloaded 500 of the latest posts, (subjects only), and read thru the the subject lines.I read about

4 posts that appeared to beon topic, and deleted all the rest of them without even downloading the message body. And that was AFTER my filters removed all posts from the group's abusers, and all subjects that contain the names of politicians, and other common off topic words.

It's not just this newsgroup, in fact I cant think of one newsgroup that has any value anymore.

But I'll go one step further and say that the entire internet has turned to shit. Most people use that miserable identity thieft piece of crap known as facebook, which is more like the National Enquirer for amateurs. All I know is that Zuckerburg will never steal my identity, because I would not subscribe to facebook, unless they want to pay me a at least a six digit dollar amount.

And have you tried to find anything lately on the web? With all the "secured" websites now, many of them wont load, or load poorly with errors. And dont even try to find a manual for an appliance or electronic gear, because you'll confront thousands of sites that are all bogus and try to lure you into downloading some expensive garbage which is likely full of spyware too.

And then we have Google, who thinks they own the internet, and their search engine has become a mass of obsolete links and as nearly everyone knows, they put all the links for Amazon and Ebay first, because that how they make their money.

The internet used to have a lot to offer, but those days are long gone.

I suppose in another month, I'll check back here again, and delete everything I see posted. After all, if I want to read junk, I can just read all the junk mail that comes in my mailbox, and do that without wasting electricity to power my computer.

Reply to
Bud

I too have recently run across a lot of website that were trying to trick me into suggesting that they had what I was looking for, for fraudulently representing, for instance, Roku. It's a jungle out there!

Reply to
Bill

The older I get, the more I realize that life is too short to just waste on crap. Just yesterday I was looking for a manual for a old Bogen stereo tuner. The stereo works, but I wanted to download a schematic, so I could check the output level and possibly change a resistor to cut down on the output level, because it over drives my amplifier.

I spent nearly two hours going from link to link provided by Google, and ALL of them were bogus crap sites. I was getting very annoyed, when I finally found Bogen's own website. They actually did have a downloadable owners manual. I was pleased to get it, but then I found that it was just a basic manual telling me how to plug it in, turn it on, and having a lot of cautions and warnings. But no schematic. Before I spend another

2 hours of frustration online, I'll just go to my local library, like I used to do before the internet existed.

I guess we got 20 years of usefulness from the internet. Now we go back to doing things the old way again....

Reply to
Bud

Good luck with the message. The problem stems at the lack of consideration from the self righteous whiners who believe their cause justifies their agenda. Take the moron Traitor 4, for example. He believes it's acceptable to walk into a building of woodworkers or photographers who meet daily and spread his hatred disapproval about the POTUS and other government issues because of his inconsiderate disregard for others unless they believe as he. Idiots like him don't heed messages like yours. They simply don't care because their wiring is f***ed up.

Similar are the other idiots who don't even reside in this country, brag about their own utopian nation(even though it's more f***ed up than the country they whine about) and whine about a country that has no impact on them. Again, their inconsiderate character believes they are more important and haven't any care about others, yet they believe we are suppose to care about them and their cause. Simply put, they are more f***ed up than the people they whine about.

Kudos to your effort, but they will most likely fall on blind eyes.

Reply to
Meanie

Google searches are becoming more futile - but a couple tricks that I use - for scientific or medical "edu" combined with a specific search term. .. for many others "specification" - when combined with a specific main search criteria like model number. Also - look at the google hits carefully before clicking it to avoid the obviously useless sites. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Thread got me looking at my kill file and I see 62 names there. Probably several duplicates due to munging but like learning how to repair things in the home they have given me incentive to sharpen my computer skills. Nothing wrong with a little OT banter among friends but these guys are here to annoy. Reminds me of the old supposedly Latin saying, "Illegitimi non carborundum".

Reply to
Frank

Actually I'm here to stand up for truth, justice and the American way.

Reply to
trader_4