Please help me fix bad advice!

A friend of mine bought a marked down leather sofa with a small scuff on the seat. I suggested he use shoe polish to blend in the scuff. I forgot the age old rule of trying something like that out on a part of the sofa that no one would see. Well, the Kewi shoe polish acted as a stripper and now he has a quarter sized bleached out bloch. I'm going to call some upulstry supply shops to see what they have to offer. But I would appriciate some advice on what to use. This surfice does not appear to be very absorbant. Wetting it doesn't daken it any. Thank you very much.

Reply to
earljones

Since there are so many different leathers and leather treatments, it would be wise to have an experienced expert leather refinisher take a look at it and see if there is a fix.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Agreed. The cost should be between $75 - $150.

mrsgator88