platform rocker repair

We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker. Any ideas? I did a search on google but was not successful. Thanks, Jackie

Reply to
J. Davidson

Try a few Goodwill/Salvation Army type stores. Many manufacturers used the same type of mechanisms so you might find some matching parts hidden under one of the chairs there. I have...twice...until I replaced the chair with something more modern.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I searched for "platform rocker springs" and got 53 hits- Amazon, Ebay & a few hardware stores. What isn't right about those springs? [I looked at a few and they all seem similar]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht