Plane house

A guy is making a house from a retired Boeing 727. The oddest house in my area is probably a round house. I think it's single story and just round. It reminds people here in rural Nebraska of a short grain bin. It looks something like this:
There is one geodesic dome house in the area. It's been around quite a few years and is largely obscured by trees now.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Dean Hoffman wrote in news:juhs83$p1a$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

seems like a house made from a plane would get hot inside,just like a passenger jet does if held on the runway waiting for tower clearance. Sure,you can AC it,but the metal structure is a good conductor of heat. it would be like living in a camping trailer.

another odd house I saw in a magazine was made of welded-together 40 ft shipping containers,some stacked at right angles to each other,others in parallel. Same problem with thermal effects and insulation as the jet airframe.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I think these guys shoot several inches of foam inside the air frame before they start finishing the interior.

Reply to
gfretwell