pipe noise

What causes noise in water pipe when the faucet in kitchen is turned on? we have a single handel faucet in kitchen (delta ) it makes a hammer noise only when it is turned on. Dutch

Reply to
dutch

It is called air hammer. Air trapped in the line some where.

Reply to
Colbyt

Somebody drained the squirter hose. Don't do that, the valve doesn't operate correctly!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Hammer is when you turn the water off!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I have read an article about it. Vibrations are caused by water going through incorrect inside shape of the fauced due to its wear. Try replacing the gasket or (if this does not help) the head, which is inside the fauced, as this can also be weared out. If this will not help either (in rare occasions) you should replace the whole fauced.

Reply to
neg