Ping Appliance Man - Help w/Dishwasher if you can

Brand new built-in installed by someone who knew what they were doing, he cycled it as a test, it ran fine. Only "catch" was that it wasn't in a "built in" spot, we had to slap a piece of countertop over where it sits so we could anchor it and keep it from tilting forward if all the weight was on the door. FYI: This is a non-critical-cosmetic situation, a kitchen at work. I just framed the thtrr adjoining walls and laid in a piece of 3/4 plywood, with the idea to "finish" it somehow after the d/w was all in place.

Never quite got that far!

In a static condition, with water supply open, the unit doesn't leak. IOW, I didn't rupture the supply line while jostling the thing around to get the screwgun in position to attach the framing.

But, turn it on and let it fill, and the water just dumps out onto the floor. I thought at first it might have been a leveling problem (I actually DID "RTFM"! ) they stressed very much that it has to be sitting level, but I checked and that's OK.

Any idea what I did to cause this? I'm thinking it has to be something after the inlet valve/controller, since it doesn't leak just sitting there, no?

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Did you knock the drain plug out before you connected the drain line? Just a thought.

Reply to
Curt Martin

I'm assuming the original installer did, since he ran it through a complete cycle before he left. But thanks anyway.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz