PEX tubing and clamps

Anyone using ear clamps with PEX tubing? Will these hold as fast as the bands being sold for same purpose?

What appeals to me about ear clamps is ease of removal when necessary.

Also, clamping tool seems cheaper.

Reply to
franz frippl

It is rarely a good idea to use parts or techniques not approved for the job. The manufacturers do a lot of testing to determine the best ways to use their products. Personally, I suspect the ear clamps would not provide adequate clamping pressure for long term security of the joint. If you want something temporary or easy to connect and disconnect PEX may not be the best solution. Cutting the clamps off when needed is not difficult.

You could likely rent the proper clamping tool. You might also need a test gage which goes with the tool to be sure the tool is clamping properly.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Follow this advice .... nice post!