Pex crimp tools

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of crimp tools and a reliable internet supplier? I'd like to get some type of combo 1/2", 3/4", I" toolset to do some indoor pluming (hose bibs, utility sink) and an irrigation system.

Thanks, Budman

Reply to
Budman

Most of these tools are brand-specific. Get the tools made for the brand of fittings you are using.

Reply to
Tim Killian

Yes, you have to buy the one designed for the system you are going to use. I rented a combo set for a reno I was doing when pex 1st came in. The 3/4 was on the outside and the 1/2 was on the inside. The 1/2 being a more popular size was a bi**h to use as for obvious reasons. For the future I picked up a dedicated 1/2 pair on ebay for a real good price and then rent the 3/4 pair for when I need them. I would not recommend the combo set. For irrigation I use poly pipe and one ear crimp rings. A different tool altogether (and only about $20).

Reply to
gary

Good points - I guess I'm looking for recommendations on a system that I can use for indoor plumbing/irrigation. I looked at Zurn, but they seem to be more for radiant heat applications.

Thanks, Budman

Reply to
Budman

There is a viable alternative to the bolt cutter style. Oetiker style stainless steel rings only require one tool. I have had excellent success with mine:

DanG

Since top posting screws up a connversation it would seem to be done for your convenience only. Judicious snipping (it does take a few clicks...) and bottom posting are a lot more readable.

Reply to
George

Reply to
gary