Pergo and Premium Cushion Underlayment??????

We just did one room of Pergo flooring over concrete and used a premium vapor barrier that had a foam-like cushion attached to the plastic sheeting. We were told this is the best way to go as it seals for moisture while at the same time allows better accomodation to slight imprefections in the concrete, provides insullation between the Pergo and the concrete slab, and also gives some sound deadening in the room. We have seen all these benifits and the flooring worked out well.

The aspects of the premium underlayment also gives a slight cushion to the flooring and gives it a slight hollow sound when walking on it with hard shoes.

Our question is if this is a detriment or an asset to the house value. We see the benifits from the premium underlayment but not sure if the cushiony feel and hollow sound when walking on take away from the overall appearance.

Thanks!!!!

Reply to
infiniteMPG

infiniteMPG wrote the following:

Give it time to crush the foam on the high spots which will lessen the hollow sound on the low spots. I had a rec room on a concrete slab done the same way some 20 years ago. It was not pergo, but an Armstrong floor The vapor barrier was like a clear plastic with tiny polystyrene balls imbedded in it.

Reply to
willshak

ollow sound on the low spots. I had a rec room on a concrete slab done the = same way some 20 years ago. It was not pergo, but an Armstrong floor The va= por barrier was like a clear plastic with tiny polystyrene balls imbedded i= n it.

That was the way the vapor barrier was from Home Depot, the one we got was from Lowe's and it was more like a felt cushion rather then the little foam balls. It was their "premiere" vapor barrier. They cheap one was just very thin foam sheet. Not sure but I don't think the felt material will "crush down" like the foam balls would.

Reply to
infiniteMPG