Pennco Windows

I am having problems with my window sweating on the inside. I believe they have a ten year warranty. Has anyone had experience with dealing with a window company on warranty issues. Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Yes , deal with it.....

Reply to
m Ransley

Windows don't manufacture water. Windows do not cause condensation. Windows serve as visible areas for moisture to condense to warn you that there is too much moisute in the air inside you house.

Double-glazed and triple-glazed windows will reduce the condensation on your windows by keeping the inside surface of the glass at a warmer temperature. HOWEVER, this only eliminates the _warning sign_ of excess humidity, not the problem itself. The problem of excess humidity must still be eliminated at it's source.

You must control indoor humidity. Controling the sources of humidity will help quite a bit. Such as: Venting gas burners & clothes dryers to the outside will force any humidity created by these items to the outside air. Installing exhaust fans in the kitchen & bathroom, the two major sources of humidity in a home. Controlling or covering other sources of humidity (radiator water pans, fish tanks, large numbers of plants etc) will also help. If a problem humidity still persists, installing a dehumidifier should reduce your indoor humidity to an acceptable level.

Ventilation is the key to controlling indoor humidity. Putting a check on excessive humidity will help lessen any condensation problem. Notice that many of the remedies mentioned involve some type of ventilation. It's an easy solution that many people overlook.

Reply to
Bulky

temperature.

Reply to
Kevin

I wasted all that ink for you to come back and add this. Grrrrrrr.

Broken seals have been discussed numerous times in this NG, try doing a search of groups through Google.

Reply to
Bulky