Pencil sharpener bit

... for a Makita drill.

Well, why not?

Reply to
HeyBub

Hmmmm, cant tell you how many times I needed to sharpen my pencil in the middle of something.

A drill with a built in pencil sharpener (but outside the main chuck), manual or electric would be very helpful, I'd bet a lot of folks would find it a very useful idea to sharpen a pencil in a hole in the back of the drill.

This one looks like it will kill the pencil though, but might be useful for tapering 1/4 inch dowel ends.

Reply to
windcrest

Why not? They make drills with built-in levels.

With a variable-speed drill and a light touch, it might work.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sharpen pencil with a drill? The only pencil I would be using around a drill would be a carpenter's pencil.

Harry K

Reply to
harry k

windcrest wrote in news:8d5a83ce-42b1- snipped-for-privacy@l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Yes, you never know when you're working, turn around and a vampire is right there. Now, if you put it in a reciprocating saw you could take on a whole gang of them.

Reply to
Red Green

And for that, a carpenter's knife will make the point.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I'd like one with a built in can opener.

And maybe a malted milk mixing attachment.

Reply to
mm

Can't believe noone's posted this yet.

Joe

Stuck on the end of an interchangeable-bit screwdriver, that might actually be useful and usable. In a drill, that would take a real steady hand and a fine touch, to avoid just snapping the pencil.

For one pencil, I'd be inclined to just use it hand-held.

I wonder how many they have sold? Dollar store has serviceable hand pencil sharpeners a whole lot cheaper. It would be a good gag gift for a tool geek, I guess.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Here's a tip that can SAVE YOUR LIFE!

This business about a wooden stake is pure Hollywood bullshit!

If you read Bram Stoker's book, you'll find that you dispatch a vampire with a BOWIE KNIFE, not some pissant tentpeg!

We have a lot of Bowie knives here in Texas and hardly any vampire problem at all.

Reply to
HeyBub

Damn cheesy 70's pop...

Reply to
Jules

It's not Monday, so maybe it's raining where you are.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Heck, they put sex toys on them. The one that cracked me up was the modified sawsall.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That thing would slip right into my 20 year old Milwaukee battery powered screw driver.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I only sharpen them to a 'chisel' point. I can see no reason to have a pencil sharpener on a drill.

Harry K

Reply to
harry k

I can never get those pointy enough for dovetail work or cabinet work, ok for framing though.

Reply to
windcrest

That's the point, retard

Reply to
Nomen Niesco

Why would you put a point on a retard? FLNF

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas