Pella vs Andersen

I have an estimate on Pella (through Costco) replace some windows -- and then the same day I got an flyer from "Renewal by Andersen." Can anyone tell me how the two companies compare?

Reply to
Sara Lorimer

Compare ratings untill you know and understand them all, or you wont know what you are buying. CDF is condensing factor and my Pellas are crap, they condense sooner than Anderson I have in winter, so they drip and the wood is starting to mold under the varnish-poly. Anderson has great glass, but there is better if energy savings is your objective. U - R values, air infiltration, CDF, VLT. are how products are rated. If I was in the market it would be Tri pane, non metal thermal break, and probably fiberglass.

Reply to
Mark_Ransley

Both companies are making good windows. Anderson has a fantastic reputation. Look carefully at which Pella line you are being sold. There is more than one. Their best lines compete with any brand. Study the manufacturer websites in order to determine what the different lines and price points are.

Reply to
Lawrence

I have Andersen and Pella windows in my home. The Andersen are vinyl clad and the Pella aluminum clad on the outside. More important than brand is problem flashing during installation. Visit both their sites and download installation instructions and make the installation specs part of your contract and fire the installer if they do not follow manufacturer's instructions. The cheaper vinyl Pella windows were actually a made by a company purchased by Pellas so they would have a cheap product to sell. They are not as nice as real Pella windows available at Pella stores. I prefer the aluminum clan pella over the vinyl clad Andersen because the vinyl clad Andersen seem to suffer from sun damage on the south side of my NC home. The cladding has yellowed and become hard with age.

Reply to
Art