Renewal By Andersen ?

Hi,

Would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on windows by Renewal by Andersen.

Hard to understand.

If I order windows direct from Andersen, and hire a Carpenter to install them, they are of wood. As one would expect.

However, if I go to the Renewal by Andersen folks, which is apparently a franchise of the main Andersen company, all their windows are not of wood, but apparently some composite material.

Why ? Any good ? Wood better ? etc. ?

Pros and cons, ?

Funny that they would each use a different material. Some made here, and some from China, maybe ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Are you sure you understood what you were told?

All of the "Renewal by Anderson" windows are composite. "Renewal by Anderson" is actually a separate company which owned by Anderson. They use the same composite material (Fibrex) which Anderson uses to make their own composite windows, but "Renewal by Anderson" custom manufactures, sells, etc. their own windows under the "Renewal by Anderson" name.

Anderson does sell wooden windows as shown at the following link, but you won't see "Renewal by Anderson" listed on that page.

Anderson also sells composite windows as shown at the link below and they do include a link for "Renewal by Anderson", but once you click that link you leave the andersenwindows.com site and are taken to the renewalbyandersen.com site where it says in tiny print "An Anderson company".

Bottom line: If you want wooden windows, you don't want "Renewal by Anderson" windows.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 12/27/2016 12:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

+1

The "renewal" line is what it implies by the word; they're replacement-only market as opposed to new construction that the Andersen window also or primarily targets...

Reply to
dpb

I tend to shy away from the mass market stuff but they do seem to be a good window. We chose to go with Marvin for a couple of reasons

They had the style we wanted, the finishes we wanted, and an excellent dealer that did a superb installation.

Its a big investment so be sure to shop around and get what you really want.

I also did a rough estimate of payback from savings in heat. If I save

5% of my heating bill, I'll break even in 233 years. Fortunately there were other reasons for the change. Easy cleaning and no painting are at the top of the list. I even paid extra for the interior to be prefinished.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

When you buy a "chevy" it can be any one of a dozen models. The "renewall" line of windows is like a cheap chevy Optra or Cruise, compared to the "real" Andersons being something more along the line of an Impala or Corvette.

Reply to
clare

Bob posted for all of us...

I know someone whom had a problem with their Andersen French door. He call them and they asked for the serial number. After locating it, they sent a new one (bad batch, they said). He had to pay for install. He was happy.

Reply to
Tekkie®