Andersen Renewal Windows ?

Hi,

Haven't had any contractors in yet, but thought I'd ask here first, as always received such good advice from folks here in the past. A really great group.

Have a few windows that need replacement, and have more or less decided on the Andersen Series 400 windows. Probably the "Replacement" type, rather than the "New Construction" type.

Have been seeing all the ads from Andersen Renewal Co., which I guess is a franchise, or possibly company owned, outfit ? Anyone know if a franchise ?

Anyway, their windows are definitely a bit different from the regular Andersen ones.

e.g., they don't appear to be all wood, from their web site, but rather a wood-composite of about 40 % wood.

Anyone have any experience or opinions these windows, and/or Andersen Renewal in general ? (live in the Boston area).

Or, if they are a franchise ?

Likely to be more expensive than just having a local contractor put in Series 400 Replacement windows ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

My house has new construction vinyl clad andersen windows and some aluminum clad Pella windows. Personally, at least here in NC, I don't feel the vinyl cladding on Andersen Windows is able to handle the hot sun. In 10 years the vinyl has yellowed and gotten hard. Maybe in the NE things will be different but I would not buy a vinyl clad window again. If I was building again I would go with Pella alluminum cladding.

Reply to
Art