PB Blaster Silicon Spray causes squeaks!

I don't think that's the issue since, as I said in the last line of my post:

"Not only didn't it eliminate the minor squeak, it caused the bar to squeak along its entire length."

Previously it was squeaking slightly at the far end of open only. After I used the silicon spray it squeaked extremely loudly from the tiniest bit of open all the way to fully open and back again. I have never heard a door make some much noise.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

... Snip ...

That's interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I use the key for two reasons. One to deliberately keep the door lock from "locking up" from disuse and the other to save some wear and tear on the automatic locking mechanisms. My make/model van is notorious for lock control module failures (the power liftgate is already dead but I don't use it much anyway). So I figure the key saves at least a few operational cycles on all the door latches that get tweaked when the fob is used.

Reply to
Robert Green