Some of you may remember my asking for suggestions to eliminate water
buildup/sagging on the top of our new gazebo. I said I would provide my
solution and here it is.
Considering all options, I decided to go with something quick and
easier, once I thought of it.
The top was loose and allowed water to pool on all sides. The reason was
due to a loose top (obvious). I was thinking of ways to tighten it and
after sitting under it for a few minutes, it dawned on me to try and
draw the corners in to tighten the entire top.
There is a partial opening at the top, which you'll see in the photos
(link coming) and another small square top covering that opening, I
imagine for airflow and aesthetics. Therefore, I thought about drawing
in the four corners in the small opening section, which would then pull
the four corners at the base. I used those tarp clips and bungee cords
to pull each corner diagonally and thus far, after a few rainfalls,
there hasn't been any water pooling.
You can see what I mean from these photos.
It's not the smoothest appearance, but it does the trick.