Pavers on Asphalt Driveway

Another subject, while I'm doing my weekly wish list for fix up
ideas....
I'm wondering about putting pavers on top of an asphalt driveway.
Driveway is 50 years old and slopes evenly with no holes or dips -- same
as when it was laid down. In the last 20 years, I have had it sealed
twice and only a couple of minor cracks needed filled. So basically
there's nothing that needs fixing.
So my first thought was to lay pavers over it. No problem adding some
height to it. And it would save all the digging, disposal, foundation
prep, etc.,etc.
Anyone ever done it? Not much online about it. Here's a graphic I
found...

Website:

halt_overlay
Reply to
Guv Bob
Another subject, while I'm doing my weekly wish list for fix up ideas....
I'm wondering about putting pavers on top of an asphalt driveway. Driveway is 50 years old and slopes evenly with no holes or dips -- same as when it was laid down. In the last 20 years, I have had it sealed twice and only a couple of minor cracks needed filled. So basically there's nothing that needs fixing.
So my first thought was to lay pavers over it. No problem adding some height to it. And it would save all the digging, disposal, foundation prep, etc.,etc.
Anyone ever done it? Not much online about it. Here's a graphic I found...
Website:
halt_overlay
PS -- So Calif. 8-12 inches of rain per year. 35-100 def F....
Reply to
Guv Bob

Site Timeline Threads