Parquet flooring pro's needed

Here's the situation - I laid 32 sq. ft. of 12" x 12" parquet flooring tiles this weekend. Mfgr's instruction stated it needed to be glued (I used the appropriate glue and trowel). It also stated to leave a 1/4" gap around the walls which I did for expansion. Don't understand how it would expand if it was glued down - but I did it anyway. I laid this same floor in my master bedroom 4 weeks ago and no problems. It is tongue and grooved on all sides. I woke up this morning and have a ridge down the middle of the floor which buckled and raised almost an inch. I'm thinnking the wood expanded alright . . . now how to deal with it. My first thought since I can stand on it and it lays down okay was to make an attempt to inject glue into the bottom somehow and weight it down. However, if it really is expansion, it will happen again somewhere else. What do you think? Take my circular saw set at a very low depth and make a relief and then glue back down? Need some suggestions from the pros.

Thanks

Jim Mc Namara

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

First thing comes to mind, the flooring wasn't acclimated to the same environment 72-96 hrs. b/4, or the time period recommended by the manufacturer. Sometimes people keep the material in a different room, which is not acceptable. Or they stand material in the corner. It must acclimate in the room the flooring is to be laid, and laid flat prior to installing.

Is this over a wood substrate?

Reply to
Red

No Red - it's over a concrete slab. The slab was "dusty dry" and I primed it as per the mfgr's recommendations and allowed it to dry and cure for 3 days. When I took the tiles home, I opened each box removing them and allowing them to sit in the same ambient temperature they would be installed in during the same 3 day period. I'm baffled as to the cause - but the cure (other than removing) is my biggest concern. I'm thinking of either cutting a kerf down a seam and injecting adhesive and weighting down the area or drilling a series of small holes and injecting. I can plug the holes (I'm a woodworker) where they will be unnoticeable but was wondering if anyone else had to do this. The customer service line was of no help (Remove and replace).

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Sounds like moisture in the slab. Did you do a moisture test?

Repairing the wood will do nothing on a wet slab.

Reply to
MSH