Painting Vinyl siding?

I just bought a garage package and had it erected by contractors. They did a great job. The problem is that I screwed up when ordering the white vinyl siding to match the house. I forgot to tell the sales guy that around the doors and windows should be brown plastic. Can anyone recomend paint for such a screw up? Thanks.....Jimi

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" wrote

Krylon makes Fusion paint which is for plastics, etc. I don't know if that is what you're looking for.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Can't hurt to try it. You're going to have to take it off to match it with other stuff if you don't paint it.

Reply to
Noozer

Any good exterior latex paint. There may be some grade better than others for that application, so check with your local paint dealer. I painted some trim with Pittsburgh brand and it has held up for many years now. I repainted it to change color about three years ago. Still good.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

on 8/2/2007 8:11 PM Nancy Young said the following:

Most spray canned paint companies now make a plastic paint, such as Rustoleum and Valspar's 'American Tradition'.

Reply to
willshak

"Fusion" is wet dog shit compared to Duplicolor "VinylColor" for anything plastic. There may be more than one mfgr of this kind of stuff, if necc.; this is not paint, its sold for dying vehicle interiors, and it works well for plastics, like computer components (the one I use), and probably does flexible electrical cords with no problem. You can't make a mistake, there is no running, and the color is even. There is no excuse not to paint anything plastic, even black. If you're gonna, don't waste your time doing anything else.

well maybe they changed the name to "Vinyl & Fabric":

I'm gonna send an e-mail about the name. I get it in Canada at NAPA. Check the web, not all products at all chains.

so I thought I'd save save some time

Reply to
bent

different companies, above is what I have used

Reply to
bent