Painting fiberglass shower enclosure?

My older house has a shower adjoining the master bedroom. The color is a discolored pinkish hue. The shower itself is in good shape. Is there a paint that would make the shower walls attractive and easy to clean? Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Reply to
tenplay

The first thing that comes to mind is an epoxy paint sold for painting boat hulls. Designed for covering fiberglass, it might do the trick. Definitely waterproof. Easy to clean? - not sure, but you shouldn't have to worry about barnacles growing on the walls.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I agree, a marine Gelcoat paint just might be the ticket, and it's available in colors or you can also purchase a tinting kit. But remember everything goes with white, and white always works in a bathroom

Reply to
just me

Check at Home Depot in their paint department. I repainted our bathroom tub/enclosure unit with an Epoxy kit designed just for that purpose. The prep work was laborious, but it was worth it. Heck of a lot cheaper than busting out the old one (no way it would come out through the door in one piece) and then trying to get a replacement in there. If the unit is is good condition otherwise, that's what I'd recommend.

Reply to
L Beck