Painter's drop cloth

I had a nice painter's drop cloth 15 years ago that got loaned and lost and now I'm trying to find one similar, but haven't had any luck. I thought you guys might know...

I got it at a paint store that's no longer around now.

It was lightweight. It had a white back, so I think it was vinyl or buytl backed. The top side was like a patchwork material, not canvas. I used it a lot and I'd like to get another one like it now that I have a house. All the ones I've seen at paint stores, Home Depot, and Lowes look crappy and disposable. And their canvas ones have no backing.

Anyone?

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

I got one from Home Depot some years ago. It is canvas-like with a white rubber-like backing. They had several kinds, but I bought the most expensive one and it has been worth every penny. If your HD doesn't have one, check at local paint stores.

Reply to
Phisherman

Can't you read?

He said the local paint store is gone !!!

Reply to
I.dont.read.email

He said that the paint store where he purchased his original was gone.

Reply to
E Gregory

Has anyone alerted the authorities?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Asshole killfiled! Plonk!

Reply to
NickySantoro

I realize that I am not answering your original question, but this is a tangential comment which may be helpful.

Instead of buying expensive painters drop cloths, I have acquired a number of very, very inexpensive tablecloths at garage sales. I also have many cheap disposable plastic drop cloths from HD, Lowes, etc.

I purchase used tablecloths which are as large as possible, and only if they are the ones which have a felt-like bottom and a plastic coated top. I use them upside-down, with the absorbent "felt" on top and the plastic side on the bottom. These work great. The felt absorbs small spills quite well, and the plastic on the bottom insures that big spills won't leak through. The only negative is the fact that the tablecloths are small relative to pro-style dropcloths and they need to be pieced together with liberal overlapping or with duct tape.

These improvised drop cloths are very light and do a great job on small spills. Even if you accidentally dump a lot of paint, the plastic backing will provide good protection if the drop cloth is reasonably horizontal. On vertical surfaces, I use cheap throwaway plastic so that big spills run off and down to the absorbent drop cloth below. Actually, I've never had a big paint spill but it is best to be prepared for something more serious then the usually minor spatters from using a paint roller.

I also pick up used bedspread, blankets and sheets at garage sales for similar purposes. When any of these items have minor blemishes, they sell extremely inexpensive. Especially if you make an offer for multiple items in a "garage sale lot."

Just be nice to the little old lady running the garage sale. Don't tell her that you are going to use her items items for absorbing paint spills.

Good luck, Gideon

I got it at a paint store that's no longer around now.

It was lightweight. It had a white back, so I think it was vinyl or buytl backed. The top side was like a patchwork material, not canvas. I used it a lot and I'd like to get another one like it now that I have a house. All the ones I've seen at paint stores, Home Depot, and Lowes look crappy and disposable. And their canvas ones have no backing.

Anyone?

Mike

Reply to
Gideon