Paint - still with the 'brush strokes' !!

Closer to a brush than a roller IME.

There are corner rollers. The trick - for OP - is to either learn to use a roller without leaving marks or learn to accept them.

You may have such high standards for surface

That's what drywall texture is for. That and to hide less than stellar taping/mudding :)

Reply to
dadiOH

I liked TOH *until* they hired Vila. He was nothing but a distraction. They went commercial when they hired him.

Reply to
krw

I've done the drywall so they have no imperfections, at least, down to not very noticeable.

spray paint? indoors? hmmm now all I need is an 'ink-jet' type paint sprayer that creates uniform size droplets so there is very little, if any, fogging. Anybody make one? Maybe ultrasonic? piezo squirter? high voltage spewing? pressure nozzles just don't cut it, becuase the variation in droplet size is quite a wide statistical distribution, which causes fogging. And centrifigal(sp?) throwing splatters is exactly that, looks like a 'Pollock' painting.

Would there be a market for a truly 'fogless' paint sprayer?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Ink jet paint sprayer?

Interesting idea. If you could control the movement of the printer over the wall, you could do some really interesting murals.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Airless electrostatic would fit the bill better than an inkjet.

Reply to
clare

There are airless electrostatic paint systems available that would fit the bill.

Reply to
clare

Years ago, I met some entrepreneurials that took an Apple, concept of HP's X-Y plotter grabbing ink colors, and combined all to make billboard painting possible. But alas, Gannett was not as interested in it as we all had hoped.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Hmm, the billboard concept is dead with the advent of giant LCD screens and something similar might happen to interior walls. I can imagine LCD tiles that change at the whim of the owner.

Still paint on wall paper, murals, or special effects could be interesting. I don't have the personality to go out and sell something like that but it does sound pretty cool.

Right now I've got 3 rooms sponge painted and I'll probably do more. Plain flat paint might become a thing of the past.

Reply to
Dan Espen