outside air conditioning cooling fan keeps running

I'd used the house air conditioning few days recently and set thermostat high not to run it. Last night, I found that the outside air conditioning cooling fan had kept running over hours even if I set the air conditoning off and set fan off from the thermostat. I heard a minor sissing air noise at the air conditoning unit, not the cooling fan. It seemed the air conditoning unit was doing something.

I was afraid of burning the cooling fan moter off and turned off its power from the central power box in the basement. Now the cooling fan is stopped running. It's 2 years old house, and this is the first time it happened.

Could you adive me what to do with it?

Reply to
msmmgr

Call a competent service tech.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There should be a shut off within sight of the unit, unless it is old or not code. Turn it off there or at your breaker box and call the service tech. You have listed a couple of items and it sounds like this will not be a DIY project.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Turn it back on and run it to death. Then buy a new one.................. OR................ Call a licensed HVAC tech out to have it evaluated and repaired. Hmmmm............. "What to do....What to do?" Bubba

Reply to
Bubba