outdoor outlet near gas meter?

hey folks -

Id like to run an outlet outdoors at the back of my house. The most convenient spot from a "lets-not-put-holes-in-the-deck" point of view will get it pretty close to the incoming natual gas feed/meter to my house. Anyone know how far apart I should keep these?

Thanks

STK

Reply to
Steven T King
3 feet minimum, I don't even like that close
Reply to
geoman

While I would assume local codes address this issue, unless you meter leaks and your outlet is arcing, why should it matter?

Reply to
Kevin