OT Who reads this forum?

HVAC Owner/Tech Background Experiance....Construction, Electronics, Mechanical, Appliances, Audio/Video, Communications, Etc, Etc....

BTW, I might suggest there are a couple here that say they are in the buz, but I wouldn't have them in my enemies house!

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

You forgot to mention the 'Air heating things'. :-)

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

Machine shop owner.......

I use computer controlled machine tools and cad cam modeling to fabricate precision machined parts for end users ranging from aerospace and marine biology research to tools for modelmakers and parts for computer and laser controlled cut-to-length saw accessories for the wood products and cabinetmaking arena.

In my spare time I deferr maintenance on our 50 year old 7435 sf home that sits on an 8 acre tract along the Columbia River in SW Washington State.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

"Jarkat2002" wrote

I admire your attempt of being a stay at home mom, but if you are waiting for John Kerry to help you, may God help you........

Reply to
Red Neckerson
40 year old bachelor from Michigan, industrial mechanic/mechanic millright with a farm background.
Reply to
PAH610

I am a licensed electrical contractor with a bachelor of fine arts degree in filmmaking. I have seen many wiring mistakes by professionals and do-it-yourselfers. I have found that there are not many books available that cover all permutations of an electrical installation, particularly in an existing structure. I am currently developing a series of instructional videos for electrical installations that provide detailed information and images on safe and code compliant wiring. Not all houses and buildings are the same and were built during different time periods using different materials in different geographical zones. It is my intention to include solutions to many variables that an installer may come across in the course of wiring.

This forum provides me with ideas for my scripts and it also gives me an opportunity to offer suggestions based on my experiences to those who sincerely need assistance.

John Grabowski

John Grabowski

Training Industry Professional Partner of Energy Provider Professional Co-parent of:

1 X Defence Force Aerospace Technician 1 X Industrial Relations Professional

the Pathway starts @ SugarCane Farmer > Electrical Fitter/Mechanic > HVAC&R Industry Professional (Mining & Shipping) > Info-tech (Networks) Consultant ..and goes on.

...to continue in that non-pretentious vein,,You did ask..! :-¿

I use the non de plume as it is a variation on Bitzer®, a machine that 'ate' some four digits of my RH leaving me with a poor efficiency at the RET key :-) That, and the witnessing of two fatal electrocutions (plus subsequent Court appearances) leaves me somewhat of a Safety Nutter.

I am possibly only 'passing through' , yet again, as it is our Winter. With things being a tad slow I have the time to dabble :-) I lurk more than not, finding the exposure to those things 'international' ..refreshing. Yes, I am Australian :-)

BTZ

bitzah

Over 40 years in commercial construction most years spent as a construction superintendent. I currently am in charge of the construction work for a school district with well over a million square feet under roof. I stay very current on ADA compliance, code compliance, structural integrity, and methods and materials.

We have an eclectic assortment of building styles, ages, and equipment.

Worker?

Reply to
DanG

That's gneiss :)

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

On 08 Aug 2004, Johnson wrote

Building historian; worked with architects and developers for just under 30 years, and fiddled about with the 5 homes I've owned during that period.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Home repairman, Vintage travel trailer restorer, Woodworker.

AZCRAIG

cm

Retired last year after 38 years of service. Quality Assurance positon in a manufacturing company that does military comminications. I have always been a DIYer. Will tackle anything except major electrical,plumbing and AC.

A woodworker, a crafter, gardener, and presently making drawers for the kitchen cabinets.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

Single homeowner happy for all the helpful hints she can find to fix and maintain a home, or at least be able to know what the repair people are talking about when I have to call them in.

Reply to
Karen in MN

I've gotten lots of good advice from this NG and now I can see why. There truly is an amazing amount of knowledge here. One can draw on the life experiences of so many people with varied backgrounds. An occasional person with a negative attitude will look down on poor people or scoff at DIY but most of the people here are helpful.

Bob

Reply to
rck

  1. PhD research chemist, currently now safety officer/administrator. I have been following and sometimes contributing to this group since mid 90's. Here because primarily I am cheap ( according to my wife). My father was very handy, and I picked some of my knowledge from him. I have a fairly extensive workshop and find many jobs I can do myself. Usually the problem is just getting all the options and methods straight. This group usually supplies that role well.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz

48 year old federal employee who spent the first 23 years of life growing up in the construction business, but decided the irregular paychecks and prospect of hard outdoor manual labor as I aged weren't as nice as a regular (and higher) paycheck and air conditioned work environment. Made the mistake of letting current employers see me with a screwdriver in my hand, so they promptly labeled me a Technical Wizard (which I'm not), and moved me into the computer shop, where I currently work in computer security. In the land of the blind, etc. I do occasionally get to crawl through the bowels of the 100 year old office building I work in to spec out cable runs and other remodelings. (It was a hell of a building until the feds got hold of it- some of the buried spaces still hold hints of the former grandeur.) As the years passed I found myself missing the feeling of actually repairing/creating or finishing some tangible physical item, so I am currently looking to buy a house with room to set up a very basic woodshop, so I can at least build my own crude shelves and other furniture. Bought a house down south for my father (a house designer) to live in, and got to work with him designing an addition to it, but (sadly) didn't have time to go down and swing a hammer with him again. Hoping to go down this fall after weather cools, and work with him on some finishing touches like a porch roof.

WTMI, huh?

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers

Is there sucha thing as a non-fatal electrocution in Australia?

Reply to
Jim Wynne
040808 1231 - ameijers posted:

Well good; now I can't wait for the second chapter...

Reply to
indago

I mostly lurk here and sometimes have questions. I'm a RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) married to a harp builder (rharps.com - yes, that's us in the pictures).

My husband used to be great at fixing things around the house but not anymore. I am trying to learn a few things but I'm not very mechanically-inclined.

The big project here now is putting up a garage which will be used as a wood shop. They had to tear down our carport which had been a hazard since a bad snowstorm in March last year. I looks like they will be able to pour the concrete tomorrow.

There are some very helpful people in this group.

Reply to
Skirmishd

DIY home owner. Retired from a non-manual labor career. Was a metalsmith in the Navy (sheetmetal, welding, forging) Model builder (wood, plastic, resin). Worked part-time as a carpenter for a general contractor for a couple of years. Have done my own carpentry, cabinet making, basic plumbing, and basic wiring.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg