OT When is evening to you?

Just out of curiosity. When does evening start to you? Sundown? 5 PM? 6 PM?

7 PM?

To me it's about 6 PM.

I wonder if the part of the country where you were raised would matter? Or where you currently live?

I didn't Google this because it would probably affect my opinion.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

The more interesting thing is how you rationalize your answer:

"When it (starts to) gets dark" "When it starts cooling off" "When the evening news airs"

I.e., how would your rationalization be affected by moving to the extreme latitudes, a cooler climate, evening news at 4PM, etc.?

Reply to
Don Y

My parents called it breakfast, dinner (at noon), lunch about 4 or so, supper at sundown or so.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I always thought it was 6 PM.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Probably, but to me it's from roughly sundown'ish or a tad earlier to a little past dark-thirty; it isn't a time but a season (so to speak).

Reply to
dpb

It was after chores were done on my parent's farm. They did all the things people might picture as being farmer things. Milking the cow, feeding the other cattle, sloppin' the hogs, and feeding the chickens. Running milk through the cream separator and picking eggs were other routines. The things I described were routine farmer things in the old neighborhood. Those routines are gone for the most part. The only animal on a lot of farms is the dog. The cattle feeders do raise corn but it's for their own use. Most of it goes into silage. They spread the manure on the fields. The runoff from the lots goes into catch pits. That stuff is pumped throughirrigation systems to get rid of it and get the fertilizer value out of it. Evening for me is just whenever I get off work. That varies by season since I work outside for a farm related business.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Idgit...

Reply to
Douglas C. Neidermeyer

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Like me.

Reply to
KenK

If I'm home, 5PM If I'm commuting from work, when I get home if it's after 5, or 6PM even if I'm not home yet.

When I'm still out but I haven't been at work, 6PM.

It has to do with the rush of the day being over and being able to relax.

Reply to
Micky