OT -- Walmart Walkie talkies

I was in a Walmart, last night. Noticing how the staff (at least some of them) have walkie talkies (more correctly called handy talkies). Are these FRS band like are sold to everyone, or are they on a private channel? I sat in the parking lot and scanned on my FRS, but was not able to hear any store radio traffic.

I had a look on

but did not find that information.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

MURS

The Baofeng UV-5R will receive out of band. Transmitting, of course, is not allowed. MIRS was commercial but has been open to the public and is license free.

communication/

has a comparison to FRS/GMRS/CB.

Reply to
rbowman

If I remember correctly, they use one por more of the "colored dot" (VHF) itinerent frequencies.

Reply to
KLayton888

Not pertinent to your question, but I thought handy talkie (or handie talkie) was a Motorola thing. HT (handheld transceiver) is the generic name.

Reply to
Pat

The implants work on a Borg subspace channel.

Reply to
None

More correctly called handheld transceivers.

Does this have anything to do with home repair?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

[...]

Sorry to hear it. I suspect that Jesus would not shop in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families. Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayer s. So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

QED

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Aside from Costco that pays a decent wage, where would you shop and how much do they pay? Most other retailers pay poorly also.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They are a handy tool when checking what circuits are on what breaker. Getting the antenna on the roof to give the best picture.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sigh. You're so right. It sure ought to have OT in the subject line. Oh, wait! It does!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

in a giant megastore which pays its employees so little that they have to go on food stamps to feed their families. Who pays for food stamps? You and I and all taxpayers. So we are subsidizing the Waltons' life style.

You display a Freudian case of profit envy. I'd like you to go to an economic psychiatrist, and see if you can be treated for profit envy.

Does this have any thing to do with home repair?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I used to use FRS when installing furnace. Sure was nice to talk to the man on the roof, or talk from cellar to the work van at the driveway.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I put one under a dog's collar and fooled Goober into thinking he had a talking dog.

Opie Taylor

Don't read this story about Walmart, Stormie. Might make you mad enough to get back to the teachings of the real Jesus.

or

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson