OT: Walmart LED Sale!

There's a lot of heat to dissipate on a 100W equivalent. LEDs trade a high-current semiconductor junction for a white-hot filament.

Look at the cooling systems on some LED vehicle headlights. Some have active cooling (fans), and some have pretty unique heat sinks, see:

Reply to
sms

Democrat posted for all of us...

My wife went to the senior center years ago and the utility were handing out free CFL's. They gave her one at first. Then they asked her if there was more than one person in the house, she then got 8! Supported by DOE and the local utility.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I think what you'll find is that there is an "energy efficiency" surcharge on the bills in your area that is used to pay for those "free" CFLs. Basically a tax on everyone that never goes away.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

on the inside, cleared jam. i told the principal one of those jams i caused.

Key word is the unqualitative MANY.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Do they have "cool white" or "daylight"? I don't like the "warm white".

Reply to
taxed and spent

"cool white" (??°)_/¯

Reply to
bob_villa

I don't either. It looks like dirty yellow.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Glad I'm not the only one. I recently replaced a fixture that came with a warm white tube and it's yellow. My eye doctor says I'm starting to develop cataracts and my world will start getting more yellow as the years go by. I turned that damn thing on and thought the process had drastically accelerated. I have to go back to Home Depot and find the 'real bright white' replacement.

Reply to
rbowman

many of them.....

well not too many 4th graders are masters of much of anything......

i was fascinated as a child of anything broken and enjoyed tearing stuff ap art and fixing it.

Reply to
bob haller

When I was a kid, I did the same thing. Dad used to tell me, make sure you write down and draw pictures how you take things apart so you can put it back together. I still practice that old habit.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I searched for "cataracts carbohydrates" (without quotes) and Dr Google returned:

God

to RBOWMAN:

Have cataract surgery, almost painless and the results are great!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann