OT - us seniors can relate to this

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane, energy-efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from Home Depot who installed them. The caller complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Helloooo,............ just because I'm a Senior Citizen doesn't mean that I am automatically mentally challenged.

So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year--that these windows would pay for themselves in a year---

Hellooooo? It's been a year, so they're paid for, I told him. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up.

He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

Reply to
Frank

LOL I love it!!

The guy who sold us our new roof made the mistake of telling me that their company would leave our yard as if they'd never been there, and he would go thru the yard twice, personally, with a large magnet to make sure all the nails were gathered up.

After two months of calling that businesses number we were given, I left a complaint on their website, AND the BBB. The BBB contacted the business owner and I'd say 30 seconds after they were on the phone calling my husband. He told them to call me (the wife) because I was the one who complained. So, after talking to me briefly on the phone, the owner shows up at our house and gets a list of things we both weren't happy about, he also calls the guy who sold us the roof and gets his butt to our house 15 minutes later. Owner reads that guy the riot act, calls his crew to get out there and finish fixing a few things they agreed to do but hadn't done, and cleans up the yard like they said they would do! They came out three more times sweeping the yard and driveway for nails, and it wasn't until I wasn't finding more nails in our driveway that I posted to the BBB that the business complaint was satisfied.

Reply to
Muggles

One of my sons had a roof problem with so many nails left in the gutters that they backed up and leaked.

Reply to
Frank

Did he clean it up himself, or get the company to do it?

Reply to
Muggles

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 11:48:39 -0600, Muggles wrote in

Well done Muggles.

Reply to
CRNG

thanks!

Reply to
Muggles

Did you learn that from one of the Trump real estate seminars? That's what he does, he stiffs the vendors, many of them mom and pop businesses.

Reply to
trader_4

For some reason, it really burns your ass when people express opinions and perspectives that differ from your own. It also seems to send you over the edge that citizens like Trader_4 can protest and bring about change, possibly even impeachment.

It is almost as if you are obsessed with convincing Trader to give up because you are afraid people like him will help to sanitize the White House by removing Trump.

Here is a little advice, get used to it, it is going to get much worse across the entire nation.

Reply to
Dove Tail

Never pay for a job until it is completed to your satisfaction. You paid him even though the job was not complete so as far as he was concerned the job was done.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I hope you realize this a joke that's been floating around on the internet for at least 10 years.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

He did not discover it until 2 years or more after the work was done. Not sure who paid for repairs.

Reply to
Frank