jumped out furnace

my heat wasnt working called repair man , he temporarily jumped out furnace with paper clip, said call in the morning and someone will be over to replace thermostat. told me to shut off at switch. how long can I let it run ? it is freezing in here having had no heat for hours

Reply to
lmd

1 hour 12 minutes 37 seconds .. give ot take.
Reply to
hubops

Furnaces are designed to run continuously, so you can let it run until it reaches your desired temperature.

Reply to
trader_4