OT Update your imcome

OT Chase Bank has sent me 3 or 4 identical emails saying to update my income so I can have a higher credit limit.

But today it sent a different style. They are really putting a lot of effort into this. They could if they wanted just increase my limit because I pay my bill completely and promptly, have never been late (because it's automated). In fact they did that once. They started me off at 700 and raised it 6 or 12 months later to 2000 without my asking for it.

They seem to have an undue interest in my income level, and I think there might be an ulterior motive, not about raising my credit limit.

Today's email says:

Are you interested in more personalized offers? [***]

Update your income Updating your income can help Chase determine if you're eligible for a higher credit line.* We may be able to offer you added purchasing power and other benefits, based on the information you provide.

  • We may also refer to your credit line as your credit access line or your credit limit

The footnote strikes me as a little strange, also.

***No. I wonder what they would be, but I don't wonder enough to subject myself to them.

P.S. (Okay, there was no S.) I found this where they want to know the income level of someone with a checking/savings account, from 4 years ago:

My SO (significant other) works for Chase, this information is required after new federal regulations were put in place. He said that as long as you say you are an American citizen then you don't have to give your income. If you already have this information on file with them then they won't be trying to track you down for it....All banks are required to prove income now to prevent money laundering.

But this doesn't apply to the letters they send me, I think.

Reply to
micky

Bank of America reminds me every time I log in to tell them my income. I always just click "No, thanks", and wish they'd remember that.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli