OT TV talking to me

I think the confusion lies in terminology: captioning is text and Second Au dio Program is just that, audio. And it has little (if any) to do with "spe ech to text" technology.

Reply to
bob_villa

Hi, In my case the voice seems over riding my setting in the Motorola STB. TV set is Panasonic HD plasma. Depending on program voice is coming through even if CC is disabled. Only text gets always disabled.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, When I Googled "direct vent 2 stage natural gas furnace" I got many hits.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

This is a good idea. I'm tired of doctors' waiting rooms, tire stores, restaurants, where the tv is on but you don't know what they're saying. Though I think they keep the volume one notch above zero just to tease people.

Isn't that for when viewers yell at the tv?

Reply to
micky

There was a special version of Sound of Music broadcast a couple weeks ago. A narrator read the captions, produced by, starrring.. etc. and also described what was happening on the screen, as if the show was for adapted for blind people. She had a soft, distinctive, that is, recognizeale voice.

At the same time, for the songs, it was like Mitch Miller. The lyrics of the song came on as subtitles one line at a time, with the word being sung in a different color. (No bouncing ball.) Obviously not for blind people. The did hoopla in advance and I ony heard the tail end but I think you were supposed to invite a bunch of people over and sing along with the movie.

Is there much singing in Bones? Did the narrative describe each incision?

Reply to
micky

I think you replied to the wrong posting!!!

Reply to
Jerry.Tan