OT: To all Americans in this group:

July 04, 1776 is when we "declared" that we separated from England. The actual separation happened over a period of years, after that date.

I think when a husband and wife declare "we've got to have a baby". There is a time of planning and preparation and, uh, "working on it". Eventually, the baby is born.

I'm not sure why the USA celebrates the date when the married couple declares that they are going to work on getting pregnant. Maybe because it's an easy date to find on a document?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And happy 200'th anniversary of the war of 1812 - the war that you started against Canada and we (with the help of the Brits) kicked your ass and burned down your white house.

Reply to
Home Guy

Here's to you burning your ass on your grill today.

Reply to
Frank

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:sTVIr.3730$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

I think it was a momentous occasion to declare independence. That requires celebration, which is why I (naturalized 1984) am flying the flag today.

To keep the declared independence, we need to keep working on those freedoms ...

Reply to
Han

Home Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Guy.com:

I feel sorry for you. You are just so jealous.

Reply to
Earl

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:sTVIr.3730$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Cuz it's damned great and amazing!!!

Reply to
Earl

You're just happy in being a pest. Probably the only way you can get attention.

Reply to
Frank

You keep telling yourself that - as your country, economy, and society disintegrates around you.

Don't feel sorry for me - we're doing just fine here in Canada.

Why should anyone be jealous of a country going down the toilet? I know you think you're the center of the universe, and that no-one on planet earth has it better than you - you've been saturated in that propaganda your whole life. See how far that gets you now.

Reply to
Home Guy

Thanks Dues, we're going to take the country back at the end of the year and repair the damage. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

*Actually*, if you want to pick nits-- the 4th is when all the State delegations of Congress agreed to the Declaration. It passed on the 2nd-- and there were still individual dissenters- though a couple of those signed it after it was printed up next month. [I think the last signature was put on in 1780 or so.]

I'd say that the Declaration was pretty definitive-- More like a divorce -- one party might pursue you for a decade or so-- but you're still divorced.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Indeed. But sometimes you have to stick with custom.

Reply to
Han

Ya Know. I haven't figured out if you are just an ignorant troll; or just so full of hate you can't help your miserable self.

In either case some pity is probably called for but I refuse to do it.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I think it should be clear that last one was aimed at Home-Butt not Duesenberg.

Reply to
RonB

then don't give it to him

Reply to
ChairMan

Remove the 2nd "m" from Mormons and whattya got!? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

You're right of course. Time to kill file him.

Reply to
Frank

In this case, it is accurate---- But I've known a few Mormons, and our stormy moron is an outlier.

Nice link, BTW.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

silence is golden ;)

Reply to
ChairMan

is he really worth it? life is far to short to let fuckwits like him get your goat. everytime you respond, he wins. its real easy to make him the loser that he really is, don't respond

Reply to
ChairMan