Motion Security Lights

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

Reply to
SG

I have a box under an eave and a light fixture mounted to it. The sensor points out, same as a wall mount. Any one with a separate sensor should be able to be aimed as you need it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They are all the same. It's how you mount them that matters. On the other hand, these seem to be in the "you get what you pay for" category. The cheaper ones work poorly and the costly ones work better. At the same time, I have never found any of them that worked perfectly. The technology seems to be lacking. I actually got rid of all of them, and just use a timer these days. It seemed that either they were either insensitive, and would not come on until I was right in front of them, or they were too sensitive and every cat, dog, raindrop, insect, or whatever, would make them turn on. Since I wanted them to turn on from a distance, they went on and off all night long from critters and sometimes moving tree limbs. I was wasting a lot of electricity. One was on my barn, and my livestock made it go on and of all the time. I placed a light on the garage, which I switch on from a switch outside the garage door. That lights my path to the barn. The old motion sensor is just a plain light on a switch now. I see my way to the barn via the garage light, then turn on the barn light. When I leave, I shut both off in reverse. It works. But it's not for security reasons, just so I can see when I have to go to the barn in the dark, particularly because there are steps to go down, which can get slick in winter.

Reply to
fred.flintstone

All I can find is wall mount.

Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall.

We have a wall mount mounted to the eave but it had to be taken apart and reversed to make it aim properly under the eave and it has very very limited adjustment in this configuration. It quit working the other day and trying to find something that will work better for the eave.

Thanks!

(sorry if this is double post, 1st one seems to have not made it on my end)

Reply to
SG

Go to your handy hardware store and see what is available. The ones I've seen and bought could be mounted in almost any conceivable postion, they are on swivels and box covers and can be loosened on the box cover and reoriented to almost any conceivable position.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Same here. I bought dual head, halgon ones at HD

10 years ago and have them mounted under the eaves. AFAIK, they still have very similar ones available today.
Reply to
trader4

The quality control on the sensors is very hit and miss and that includes occupancy sensors. Sometimes I have had to replace brand-new ones a half a dozen times before I found one that worked.

Reply to
recyclebinned