OT. That's Billion with a B

Americans are going to spend $9,100,000,000 on Halloween this year. I go deaf when people throw money away on that kind of stuff then complain about being broke. Source:

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Cells with a pair of x chromosomes can make all logic fly out the window.  ;-)

Reply to
xy

I'll probably spend $50 on that day. The house will be dark, we'll go out for dinner. It was fun when we were kids but candy aside, it is a dumb thing to participate in. Restaurant will not be crowded so it is a good night to go out.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's a Tuesday. We'll come home from work and have a simple supper. The housing density is not high enough here to support trick-or-treaters, but we'll close the drapes in the living room anyway, to ensure that the lights don't show.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I also live in a limited access area but we stay open for what few kids may drop by and we usually get visits by granddaughters to show off their costumes.

Before we moved here I observed parents driving their kids to developments with more dense housing so the kids could get a lot of candy. That does not happen here.

Reply to
Frank

That is because most children do not go trick-or-treating in cemeteries.

Reply to
Archer

It happens here, one reason we go out. Not the cute little kids but the teenagers just looking for a haul of candy. Most bypass our house anyway.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Obviously you moved from a blue state to a red state.  ;-)

Reply to
Wally

You could have stopped posting after writing the three words above.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Simpleton, if you learn how to use a dictionary and thesaurus, you won't have to wear out the one new word a year that is incorporated into your vocabulary........ ;-)

Reply to
Stormin' Norman