Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces New Technology for Fast-Charging, Noncombustible Batteries

This new type of battery from the people who gave us the lithium-ion battery reads as being very impressive.

Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces New Technology for Fast-Charging, Noncombustible Batteries

Stormin' Norman

I read the article and is this new type of battery going to be for use in cars or all types of lithium battery applications?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Based upon what I read in the original article and a couple of other articles about the technology, it seems this kind of battery has the potential of replacing most rechargeable batteries. I have no idea how far off a commercially available product is. If it works as claimed, it could revolutionize everything from electric cars, solar power storage and power tools, to aircraft / automotive batteries.

The inventor certainly has prior accomplishments that should earn his research serious consideration. It is also pretty impressive the guy is 95, even older than me.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman