* Can't hardly get into the grocery store, all week. Packed
with people doing last minute shopping. You'd think there
was a hurricane or something.
Christmas ads have started already. On the radio, the TV,
and in the mail box.
* Tacky electronically composed Christmas music plays in the
stores. But, employes are forbidden from saying "Merry
Christmas" for fear of offending Non-Christians.
Stores are decorated for Christmas, with tinsel and
ribbons and red and white decorations.
* Highways are packed with people going to Gramma's house,
People make endless plans to go here or there. Or to
invite this or that person over. A large portion of the USA
are single and unatached, and promptly go into depressions.
* Suicides and hospital admissions will likely rise. Due to
lonely, depressed people.
Homeless shelters feed millions of people who will be
hungry tomorrow, and have no clue how to get a job, manage
money, or be self sustaining. The homeless folks are gearing
up for winter.
* More driving, and more cooking. Energy use is way up.
Price of gasoline goes up.
Most of the US over stuffs their faces with turkey meat
and stuffing, and then goes and sleeps in front of the TV.
Would be a wonderful day for a foreign invasion of the US,
while all the unorganized militia are sleeping in front of
the TV. Red Dawn style invasion would roll right over the
* A small portion of the population (typically in
kindergarden through 5th grade) does school assignments to
list what they are thankful for.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Click to see the full signature.