OT Suspender strap slipping

Anyone else who uses suspenders have this problem? A belt doesn't work for me.

I've tried to keep the strap from slipping off my shoulder with an adhesive material attachment - not effective. Adhesive quite poor. Getting VERY tired of moving it back to shoulder so often. Oddly, only one shoulder (left) has this problem.

Suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

hubops

Do you have tiny shoulders like a woman? Is that the problem?

Reply to
trader_4

trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@optlonine.com wrote in news:qsracr$uvi$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

I don't think so. Hard to judge. No one convenient to compare to.

Also, as I said, problem is only with one shoulder.

Reply to
KenK

I see. So you are built like a circus freak?

Reply to
trader_4

Sew on an epaulette on your shirt and run the suspender through it? Or just buy shirts with epaulettes? Sounds like one shoulder slopes more than the other?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Don't make fun of sloping shoulders :

just sayin' .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

What sort of suspenders are you using particularly at the back? There are two major types: one has two clip attachments to the belt area of the trousers and the other has one. Although I tried the "one" type once I didn't like it because of a lack of balance particularly when adjusting the length of the front straps. It may be your problem too.

I buy my suspenders on line at the "Suspender Store" in Maryland. I have about 15 in different colors mainly to match my shirt color and another 10 "underwear" suspenders in whitish-beige to wear with shorts where the shirt is worn outside. All excellent.

The Suspender Store sells nothing else and is very friendly. I even drafted a suggested text on how to clean them which I noticed they later put up on their website (with some minor changes).

Reply to
knuckle-dragger

Safety pin? Glues a piece of Velcro. Probably one half would be enough to grab a shirt.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ken-

I wear suspenders with my "tuxedo" Band Uniform, and occasionally have the same problem.

My suspenders cross in the back. One pair has the cross sewn, another is adjustable. I think it would help if the crossing point were raised.

I wonder if it would help to wear suspenders backwards, with the cross in front?

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.gov wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks. I'll take a look at their site. I wasn't aware of them. I've heard 'H' type suspenders have less of this problem because the straps are held close to one's neck. Haven't found a source for them.

Reply to
KenK

Ed wears his pants with the zipper in the back.

Reply to
Thomas

My computer bag doesn't stay on my shoulder. It's got a lot of accessories and is pretty heavy.

I thought having a clavicle enhancement, but I couldn't find a doctor willing to do it.

Reply to
micky