OT-Square Root Day

I just realized that today, April 4th is Square Root Day.

The next time it occurs won't happen until 05/05/25.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

HUH ?????????

Reply to
Paintedcow

Gotcha! 4-4-16.

Yea, that is sort of nerdy, but someone always manages to find some special meaning for something.... At times it's downright stupid. I recall some people predicting the end of the world a few years ago, because of the date numbers doing something.... (I dont recall when or what it was exactly).

Reply to
Paintedcow

4 times 4 = 16

4 is the square-root of 16.

The properties of 5 and 25 are left as an exercise for the reader.

Even I think it's a little nerdy to think about dates in this way, and I program computers for a living.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

The same people who were opening champagne on PI day

3/14/16
Reply to
gfretwell

Wasn't it about the Mayan calendar ending?

Reply to
RonNNN

I've not run into a Mayan since then so it must be true.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Well, he does have a brass rat.

Reply to
trader_4

You need to go to Mayami. I think they spell it differently now.

Reply to
Micky

I can amaze engineers at cocktail parties, the world around.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There are 10 kind of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually if you understand binary you only need one bit to do that, not 2.

0 or 1
Reply to
gfretwell

Show me the binary # for 3.

Reply to
RonNNN

Bravo! Well said, sir.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Huh ?

8 4 2 1 decimal Base 10 weights 0 0 1 0 binary = 2 in base 10
Reply to
Retired

Yes but that represents 3 states. We are only talking about 2 states someone who does not understand binary (0) someone who does understand binary (1)

Reply to
gfretwell

Cindy Hamilton wrote: "Even I think it's a little nerdy to think about dates in this way, and I program computers for a living. "

We could use a little 'nerdiness' in a culture of constant pop tunes and bare skin on the video.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Yep, it was about the Mayan calendar ending. Now I remember.

Reply to
Paintedcow

0000 0000 = 0 0000 0001 = 1 0000 0010 = 2

There are "0000 0010" kinds of people in the world....

Reply to
jimbo
[snip]

It's been 2000 years since the year 16.