OT. Some July 4 Stuff.

From YouTube. First Ray Charles:

Next, Willie Nelson and a bunch of famous folks:
I recognize Wille and Muhammad Ali. Two or three of the others look familiar.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Ozzie , Reba , Sly Stallone , Jeff Bridges (I think) , Julia Roberts , Ray Charles on harmonica . And a few more that I can't quite place - is that Greg Allman right behind Willie ? They all look so young !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I find it hilarious that so many foam-at-the-mouth USA-ian jingoists hold long-haired, pot-smoking, tax-avoiding celebrity, Willie Nelson, up as the epitome of American patriotism. If it was anyone but Willie, they'd be dismissed as dirty, long-haired, pot-smoking hippies. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Who said he is the epitome of patriotism ? Fer cryin' out loud , he sang a song , did it well , and you're really reachin' 'with that comment . And who says a long-haired pot-smokin' hippy can't be patriotic ? I know quite a few who in their youth offered the ultimate sacrifice to protect our country . Did you do that for yours ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Seriously? Trying to trip me up with the ol' "serve yer country" gag?

You lose. '66-'70.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Actually , I wasn't trying to trip you , just wondered . My point was that lifestyle and appearance has nothing to do with a person's patriotism . And you did understand the TGYC comment ? Are you an Oath Keeper ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs