OT: Shop Walmart (or HF) - Save the Planet

Other than electing stupid politicians, CA residents had nothing to do with it.

Boo Hoo. If they invested everything in one pot, they deserve what they got.

Not surprising at all. "It's George Bush's fault." ...no matter what "it" is.

...as it should be. The difference with GM is that the company was transferred from a higher class of ownership (bond holders) to one of a lower class (unions).

Dumb thing to do, eh? Were you an employee?

Reply to
krw

The problem with having the Government involved in anything is that the government almost never considers what the unintended consequences are going to be, they just make knee jerk reactions to perceived problems and then wonder what the hell happened.

Reply to
BobR

To put it another way, the government is never responsible for the results of their actions.

Reply to
krw

Ah, now we know why Chinese workers are so compliant!

Reply to
HeyBub

No, I hadn't heard. But the last time I went to Sam's Club they tried to sell me a premium membership entitling me to merchandise discounts.

Reply to
HeyBub

Amazon and Harbor Freight do the same. Some people actually buy them.

Reply to
krw