OT Road side vigil

My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have liked to have been included in the photo.

Reply to
Metspitzer

I imagine it was young person who was killed? It always strikes me as tragic and very sad when a young life is snuffed out too soon. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there? They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

Reply to
willshak

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car. The 4 year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious condition.

Reply to
Metspitzer

She ask me to take her by, and I did.

Reply to
Metspitzer

She's in her early 20's - and had a 4-year-old kid.

Real nice.

Where's the dad?

Wait - I already know the answer...

Reply to
Home Guy

It always rips my heart out to hear of little children being harmed or killed. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Just the kind of disrespectful point of view I'd expect to see from Homo Gay. Crawl back under your snow covered rock Homo Gay. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

What I learned at my age: When we laid my grandmother to rest her headstone wasn?t ready. When the headstone was placed there was some confusion as to where exactly she was buried. The first question that we were asked was if we had any pictures during the burial. Take lots of pictures, even in a burial, you may need them some day.

Reply to
recyclebinned

Home Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Guy.com:

Exactly

Reply to
Nicodimus

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:23:47 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in Re Re: OT Road side vigil:

I would turn off the flash if at all possible.

Reply to
CRNG

Is your niece going to distribute the photo? I suppose she's going to post it on Facebook, which I think might be disrespectful. But let's assume it's not. Are the people were standing there going to see it on your niece's facebook site? Do they even know your niece?

Or are you saying the would have like to have been included in a photo they will never see and will never know exists? If only this last question has the answer Yes, that's not enough reason to include them.

If she thinks it's disrespectful, her opinion prevails, because a) she was taking the picture and b) it's her friend who was killed,

If you are asking on an abolute basis, is it disrespecful? Well clearly there is no simple answer that it's not, because your niece disagrees. And you seem to disagree with the other answer. So there is no one correct answer.

If you're asking, were i one of those standing there, would I find it disrespectful for someone to take my picture there wihout asking me if it is all right. Probably not, but it took a while to decide on that, so I think others might say, Yes,I would. While the law permits taking the picture of those on the street, that doesn't mean it's always the right thing to do.

When I was in Guatamala in 1971, I was told the Indians didn't like having their picture taken. Later, I saw a man in distinctive tribal dress, including striped pants and other identifiable things that only his tribe wore. He was coming towards me on the other side of a 2 lane road. We were both walking. I raised my camera, hesitated, and then took his picture. I lowered the camera to crank the film, raised it again and paused again. This time he waved me off. I'm pretty sure he didn't mind one picture being taken, but two he thought was too many.

Reply to
micky

My niece keeps a scrap book and she takes a lot of pictures. I assume the photo would end up in her scrap book as well as on her Facebook. She didn't take the picture and I guess she was right. Better safe than sorry.

If I were visiting a family or a friend's vigil, I wouldn't object to being in photos.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention. Want to piss him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the ng's.

Reply to
Frank

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about. It made me angry because the young woman is not here to defend herself. Our Leftist friend from up North can call me all the names he/she/it wants to and it won't bother me because I can return the favor, the young woman who died can't. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas full-quoted:

There are two tragedies in this story.

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of teenage pregnancy?

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of households composed of single moms?

Aren't leftists supposed to cheer and applaud such things?

How can I be a leftist when I berate you for become a big-gov't police state?

Reply to
Home Guy

Homo Gay, you spew an immense amount of hate in your posts which is fine as long as it is directed at me, someone else who posts here, a public figure or one of history's bastards. You have no idea of the marital status of the young woman who lost her life, you just assumed. Metspitzer wrote of a personal tragedy involving his niece, not a news story. Your critical comments concerning the young woman were gauche and uncalled for. She isn't here to defend herself so I will. Crawl back under your rock Homo Gay. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't wait to go to the playground with "home guy") are giving him the attention he can't get anywhere else. You can't reason with a nut and there is no point in trying.

Reply to
George

But it's fun to bitch slap a penishead like him. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was talking about the inclusion of the people in the photo.