OT Property taxes

Again:

Walker's budget cuts property taxes, UW funding

MADISON -- Gov. Scott Walker proposed a state budget plan Tuesday that woul d slightly lower property taxes over the next two years and keep funding fl at for public schools, greatly expand Wisconsin's private school voucher pr ogram and use a variety of cuts, both small and large, to plug a shortfall. "

He's apparently fulfilling his promise to "work" to cut taxes. He can't help it if you libs elected enough lib Democrats to the legistlature to stand in his way, sue him at every opportunity, or if your local officials raise taxes anyhow. Hell if your neighbors think like you do, I'm not surprised your taxes aren't through the roof.

Regarding Reagan, it has nothing to do with Walker, but everthing to do with you claiming that while a Democrat you don't vote the party line. You cited your wife voting for Reagan just once, when he was first elected. And you stated that Reagan was "pretty bad". I'd say that pretty much proves you're in the partisan Dem tank up to your eyeballs. The inability to recognize what your your WI papers say about what Walker is trying to do, continuing to bitch about him even as he submits budgets to reduce taxes, proves you're a party loyalist, the facts be damned.

Reply to
trader_4

So, you don't agree with Obama givin in to Iran, then?

Why are you complaining then?

Apparently you do. You clearly stated you're a Democrat and vote that way most of time. Below you move the goalposts again. I never asked about past president, I asked you about this one and if you would vote for Hillary. Also, what about obama and his misuse of executive powers and total lack of understanding of constitutional law?

Then why do you call yourself a Democrat rather than an Independent?

Reply to
ChairMan

Yes, the "rate" game. They do it here too. The only thing you can trust a politician to do is lie.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

More to the point:

Taxes are just something most people (me included) like to gripe about, my comments don't have much real meaning.

However when the conversation got around to gutting the school system then I got pretty upset at what Walker is trying to do.

Reply to
philo

On 04/26/2015 04:27 PM, ChairMan wrote: l , USSR would not have put the missiles in Cuba. r f****it worse than Carter.

If I thought an Independent candidate actually had a chance of winning I'd vote for them.

I do not believe in simply throwing away my vote on someone who does not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Reply to
philo

+1
Reply to
philo

His biggest mistake was trusting the Dems in the Congress. The ill-advised Budget Summit was only held AFTER GHW said he would discuss tax increases along with budget cuts at the insistence of the Dems who would not even entertain the idea otherwise. The instituted the tax cut, forgot to get around to doing the budget cuts and proceeded to beat GHW around the face and head with the tax increases THEY insisted upon. I think this explains a lot of GW's distrust of Congress.

Clinton was be beneficiary of the Gates/Greenspan Expansion. Greenspan because of another long-term era of easy money and Gates as a rather alliterative proxy for the great gains in productivity brought about by computers and automation. Dems and others notwithstanding, the deficits had returned by the time he left office.

Some of this was 9/11, much was related to the excesses of above. As the G-man himself noted: "They [financial crises] are all different, but they have one fundamental source," he said. "That is the unquenchable capability of human beings when confronted with long periods of prosperity to presume that it will continue."

And yet it took almost his entire presidency to get back to full employment and even that is suspect since it is noted that much of the reason we are back at lower rates is that there are record high numbers of people who want full time employment yet are working part time and very high numbers of people who have given up entirely looking work and neither of these are counted as unemployed.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Donald Trump: The Ross Perot of the 21st Century... (Handgrenade with a bad haircut.)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

This is simply supply and demand. Heck it can be shown that aren't even

36 first level quarterbacks available in the world. >
Reply to
Kurt Ullman

o difficult.

Nope, within six months of his election, my plummeting portfolio leveled off and by the end of the his first year in office, my work furlough ended and I went back to my normal five day week.

It took a few years but my portfolio bounced back and is now better than ever.

Bush was a total f****it .

Reply to
philo

You don't have to vote independent just cuz you call yourself one. just like you can vote Republican even though you say you're Democrat Also, I find it *very* interesting that is the only question you chose to answer. Why? Here they are again, in case you missed them

So, you don't agree with Obama givin in to Iran, then?

Why are you complaining then?

Apparently you do. You clearly stated you're a Democrat and vote that way most of time. Below you move the goalposts again. I never asked about past president, I asked you about this one and if you would vote for Hillary. Also, what about obama and his misuse of executive powers and total lack of understanding of constitutional law?

Reply to
ChairMan

So, tell me exactly what Obama did in that time frame to accomplish this feat? Actually this is pretty much a textbook case of as long as I am doing okay, so is the economy. (A widely shared thought, BTW)

Wait about 6 months or a year to see what happens when the Fed starts pulling back.

You have yet to mention what HE did that caused any of this.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

And according to you, Reagan was "pretty bad" too, even though by your new standard, ie stock market performance, the market about tripled during Reagan's 8 years.

You, really, really need to just stop. You're clearly a Democrat that keeps making it up and moving the goal posts as you go.

Reply to
trader_4

And the corollary to that is that Philo said Reagan was "pretty bad". Under Reagan, the economy boomed, unemployment was cut in half with good paying jobs, not flipping burgers. Interest rates were cut in half, inflation cut in half, the stock market went up by 2.5 to 3X. And we both could tell him what Reagan did that made that happen....

Clearly his rules are different for Democrats and Republicans.

Reply to
trader_4

Wanna help the US economy? Look for the "Hecho en China" label.

Reply to
WTF

Lowering taxes for the third time in less than a year, Gov. Scott Walker signed his $541 million tax cut bill in a ceremony Monday at a farm in Cecil as he travels through central and northern Wisconsin touting it.

Speaking at Horsens Homestead Farms, about 35 miles northwest of Green Bay, Walker called it a great day for Wisconsin taxpayers and a sign of the state's shifting financial fortunes in recent years.

"Now, instead of billion-dollar budget deficits, we have a surplus ? and today that money is on its way to the workers, parents, seniors, property owners, veterans, job creators and others. You deserve to keep as much of your hard-earned money as possible ? because after all, it is your money," Walker said.

With growing tax collections now expected to give the state a $1 billion budget surplus in June 2015, Walker's tax proposal will cut property and income taxes for families and businesses, and zero out all income taxes for manufacturers in the state.

Though the state's tax revenue is increasing, GOP lawmakers and Walker are trimming state spending slightly for the next three years rather than increasing it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

(text trimmed)

Makes me wonder what's so bad about Wisconsin? I mean, taxes lowered three times, government revenue went up, lowered state spending.

What's not to like?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Philo appears to be goose stepping down the town square with his blinders on, and the liberal mantras chanting loudly.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is education mentioned as one of the powers delegated to government? Is it mentioned in the US Constitution, or the Wisconsin state constitution?

Why do tax payers have the government take their money by force, and give it to colleges?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Change has to start some where. Since the establishment candidate has a guaranteed win, you can always send a message.

Give Diebold electronic voting some thing to do, cancelling your vote and changing it.

And, after all, what differnce at this point does it make, if one voter pushes the third party lever? Do you get some kind of personal crushing defeat if you vote for row E, and the guy on row A wins? Does it ruin your entire day?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon