OT Poisons

On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

And there was "skin lightening cream" that contained mercury. As much as 3% in one case. I suppose it's Hispanics and black people use skin lightening cream. I expect it's tea party plot to get rid of them.

So y'all need to watch out for what you buy.

Reply to
harry

Bit more on the topic here.

harry

Regulations on heavy metal content vary from country to country. Usually these scare tactics are brought on by differences in allowed content over a few ppm or even ppb and ppt.

Cosmetics applied to skin are not consumed but I recall the base chemical of Grecian formula men's hair dye to be lead acetate and I would not use it. Other hair dyes contain potential amine carcinogens. FDA may consider them safe and maybe they are but I would not use them.

Reply to
Frank

That's it! We've now identified the problem. Harry dresses in drag, uses way too much makeup that's contaminated with heavy metals, and has gone mad as a hatter!

Reply to
trader4

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote in news:785cc29b- snipped-for-privacy@g8g2000yqp.googlegroups.com:

Mercury was used in hat manufacturing, and was indeed causing mental illness.

Reply to
Han

So what's your excuse?

Reply to
harry

Every bottle of "Grecian forumula" sold contains lead, lead acetate to be precise. It is a time-honored method of slowly returning color to hair.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

oh goodie, some unnamed show on an unnamed network talking about an unnamed cream. I feel so much safer now

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

just getting it ready for the conservatives

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Like you have?

Reply to