OT: Photos from Hubble

I figured quite a few of the civilized hombres on this NG would appreciate these pix. Scrolling through them, I experienced accelerated heartbeat at the sheer glory and majesty of Nature.

When Hubble underwent its last and most dramatic repair only a few years ago, the astronauts who performed the spacewalk were said to have patted Hubble farewell like a human being when they turned it loose. Though Hubble may continue to function for an unpredictable time, we will never again be able to work on it. The James Webb will "replace" Hubble, at LaGrange Point 2 , beyond our ability to reach it for service.

Farewell, thou good and faithful servant.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Hi-res from the source.

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

If you have enough scientific knowledge to comprehend the photos, it can make you understand why man is such an insignificant little dust mote to the universe. Those pictures make me feel very small indeed. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas