OT, One Of My Heroes Is Gone

A national hero RIP.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

He said, "If it's man made, don't eat it, and, if it tastes good, spit it out."

George Burns lived longer and smoked cigars.

Reply to
Frank

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Redd Foxx

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I heard that when somebody asked him about his sex life he would say that he and his wife still had sex almost every night. Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on Wednesday...

-C-

Reply to
Country

Jack in he latter years had respiratory ailments. LA was a pretty shitty choice air quality wise for one who suffered as he did. 96 is a pretty long life though. Who knows if he had lived somewhere with cleaner air like Honolulu how much longer he would have lived. I think LA is number 1 or 2 worst polluted cities.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:31:32 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote Re Re: OT, One Of My Heroes Is Gone:

I used to live in the LA area in the 1970s. Every 4 or 5 days I had to clean a film off my car windows. After I moved to a rural farm area in the Southeast, I didn't have to do that any more.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Actually it is number 3.

Most polluted US cities - By year-round particle pollution

  1. Bakersfield, California
  2. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  3. Los Angeles, California
  4. Visalia, California
  5. Birmingham, Alabama
  6. Hanford, California
  7. Fresno, California
  8. Cincinnati, Ohio
  9. Detroit, Michigan
  10. Cleveland, Ohio
Reply to
IGot2P

Whenever I've lived around the ocean and swam in salt water, my lungs and sinuses always seemed to stay clear. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why do these fucknuts try to split hairs?

Reply to
Meat Plow