OT - Motion Sensing Toilet Paper

Just remembering a story I heard long ago. A tree hugger was showing another person how to save toilet paper by using all of a single sheet of toilet paper to clean his behind after a dump. "Take the sheet and fold it in half and then fold that in half. Tear a piece of the inner corner off. Open the folded sheet with the hole now in the center of the sheet. Stick your index finger in the hole and wipe your bum". The guy says "Yeah, but what do you do with that piece you tore out of the center" "Use that clean your fingernail"

(groan)

Reply to
willshak

They would be more efficient. You can just say "Dispense X number of sheets"

Reply to
willshak

When I took an extended cruise around the Mediterranean Sea back in the late 50s, courtesy of the US Navy, there were a lot of those shitholes in the countries I visited. At least they had toilet paper, or what they called toilet paper, in the stalls.

Reply to
willshak

How about just doing away with toilet paper altogether?

The Kohler Numi, among other advanced toilets, provides a bidet-like jet of water to cleanse the anal area, followed by a jet of warm air to dry the anal area. That's more sanitary and less irritating than rubbing the anal area with toilet paper.

-- Steven L.

Reply to
Steven L.

"...choose; cash, credit, debit, or HD card."

Reply to
krw

Never seen a single one of those automated dispensers that works for more than a couple of sheets before jamming anyway.

Reply to
BobR

I told my wife that I was thinking about putting in one of those in our remodeled master bathroom. She reminded me very quickly and in no uncertain terms that there was no way she was using one of those damn things considering that we have to wait several minutes to get hot water to the bathroom. In the interests of having a good nights sleep without hearing a scream in the middle of the night, I quickly forgot that idea.

Reply to
BobR

Haven't heard of automatic tissue dispensers, but there ARE automatic cellophane toilet seat covers. At one time, these were installed in the ladies' lavatories at O'Hare airport.

I think a goodly fortune was made in selling the "used" toilet seat covers, via vending machines, in Japan.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you wander into the Ladies room, don't push the button labeled "A.T.R." if you are a Male.

A.T.R. = Auto Tampon Remover.

Reply to
Congoleum Breckenridge