OT. Medicare Supplement Insurance Ads

"We thank Drs. Anthony Fauci and David Schlessinger for their helpful comments and careful review of this manuscript. In addition, we thank Dr. Dorothy Scott (CBER/FDA) for her assistance in obtaining the VIG reference standard."

Just saying... Pick the science you want to follow.

Reply to
rbowman

Thanks. I'll read it.

Reply to
micky

True, but I looked for more: When smallpox was reported in the US 2 or

3 months ago, I tried to read abotu it and I read that even my vaccination 75 years ago was good enough. But maybe that's not true. From the CDC.

Recommended for Travel and Some Specific Groups

When there is NO smallpox outbreak, you should get the smallpox vaccine if you are a lab worker who works with virus that causes smallpox or other viruses that are similar to it.

If you need long-term protection, you may need to get booster vaccinations regularly. To stay protected from smallpox, you should get booster vaccinations every 3 years. [I guess this refers to lab workers..??]

When there IS a smallpox outbreak, you should get the smallpox vaccine if you are directly exposed to smallpox virus. For example, if you had a prolonged face-to-face contact with someone who has smallpox. [I guess this means you don't have to do it in advance, but you do have to know if someone with whom you had a prolonged face-to-face contact had smallpox.]

If there is a smallpox outbreak, public health officials will say who else should get the vaccine. CDC works with federal, state, and local officials to prepare for a smallpox outbreak.

Page last reviewed: October 25, 2012 10 years ago!!!!!

The headline referred to travel but nothing in the webpage does!! I may go to Guatemala, El Salvador, or Peru in the next year or two. Hmmm.

It's late. For later:

micky

Family? I think it's Hunter only.

And I thought you were against Whataboutism. When Frank or T or others use it, you complain. But here you are doing it yourself.

That's a claim but afaik it's not proven. But I'm not going to argue more since I don't want to cater to your whataboutism.

Reply to
micky

There was one shot in the buttocks but i don't recall what it was for. The cure was a three mile run.

Reply to
rbowman

Not so fast. Google "measles party 2019" and you'll get a bunch of hits talking about people intentionally infecting their kids, especially around the NYC area, I think.

Jim Joyce

This is what I saw:

It is in dire cases where you might be exposed. Don't know why they gave it to me.

There was similar talk about polio a little bit back.

Reply to
Frank

I got morphine in the butt once after surgery to repair my broken collar bone.

AMD shot in the eye gave infection once and required four shots in the eye over an hour period to identify bacteria and treat it. Scary but does not hurt to get needles.

Reply to
Frank

Pay me to post and I will identify all sources. Otherwise, shadup.

Reply to
Frank

Wow. Terrible. I retract what I said.

Reply to